Becoming a Volunteer
Volunteers play an important role in providing services at the Nundah Neighbourhood Centre and Community Legal Service. Without them we could not provide the number of programs and activities currently on offer at the Centre.
There are many rewards to volunteering, some of which include:
- Opportunities to develop new skills and knowledge
- Pathway to paid employment
- Opportunity to meet people and make new friends
We welcome all enquiries from interested volunteers and have a number of opportunities available.
Please note that all volunteers at the Centre are required to hold a current blue card.
Volunteer Opportunities – If you are interested in volunteering please fill in the form below
NUNDAH NEIGHBOURHOOD CENTRE
- English Language Class Tutor
- Fundraising and Events
- Community Garden Group
- Computer Lab Volunteer
- Community Lunch
- Child minding and playgroup
- Management Committee
NUNDAH COMMUNITY LEGAL SERVICE
Opportunities exist within the Legal Service for Solicitors and Students to volunteer at our Wednesday evening service. The valuable Wednesday night service could not be run without the help of dedicated volunteers.
Volunteering is a great way to make contacts in the industry and gain practical experience. Many lawyers also volunteer to stay in touch with areas of the law in which they don’t normally practise.
We commence taking applications for Legal Students who are second year or higher and interested in volunteering for 2020 from October 2019, with Induction occurring in December 2019.
Applications for Solicitors can be submitted at any time throughout the year.
If you are interested in volunteering please email the Legal Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org and please include whether you are applying as a Legal Student, Graduate Student or Practising Solicitor.
Becoming a Member
Becoming a member of NCSGI is a great way to get involved and support the organisation. Membership allows you to keep up to date on what is happening at the Centre, hear about volunteer and employment opportunities and learn more about the ongoing work of the organisation. Membership of Nundah Community Support Group Inc is open to all members of the community who support the objectives of the Association.
The objects for which the Association is established are:-
- To contribute to the relief of poverty, sickness and other misfortune and to the promotion of the well-being of individuals, groups or communities who are disadvantaged and vulnerable either socially, physically, intellectually or emotionally, (herein after called “social welfare”);
- To undertake, or carry out any other benevolent work or purpose;
- To promote, establish, carry out and support and to assist in promoting, establishing, carrying out and supporting any social welfare programme designed to contribute to the alleviation of poverty, sickness or other misfortune including those undertaken by Statutory Authorities, Voluntary Welfare Organisations and other community groups”.
- To establish the Nundah Community Support Group Inc.
To become a member of the organisation please complete a membership form and either post or drop the completed form in with payment to the Centre during business hours. Annual membership renewal is due at the next AGM. Link to membership form
- Membership fee for ordinary members: $2.20
- Corporate membership: $25.00 p.a.
Public Liability Insurance to $10,000,000.00
There are currently no employment opportunities with the Nundah Community Support Group
Make a donation
We welcome all donations from individuals, groups and businesses. Donors have the choice to either provide a general donation to the organisation or they may decide to nominate a specific program or activity that they wish the donation to be put towards. Some options include
- Nundah Community Legal Service Community Legal Education Program
- Nundah Neighbourhood Centre Domestic Violence and Family Support Program
- Community Food Program
- Upgrade of facilities such as playground
If you would like to donate to any of these programs or have another project you are interested in supporting please contact the Centre Coordinator during business hours
All donations over $2.00 are tax deductible.
There are many opportunities are available for corporate sponsorship with the Nundah Neighbourhood Centre and Community Legal Service.
Corporate Sponsors will be acknowledged in the following ways
- Acknowledgement in the AGM report
- Acknowledgement in local media including Loving Nundah publication
- Acknowledgement on any publications or materials distributed as a part of the project sponsored
For businesses interested in providing corporate sponsorship please contact the Centre Coordinator for information on current projects needing support.